Most frequently asked questions

Who can use the University of Bergamo libraries?

Everyone may visit the libraries and get access to their print collections.
Only registered internal or external users may borrow books.
Internal users: all members of the University of Bergamo (teachers, researchers, students, staff and people involved in academic activities).
External users: all the other users.
Alumni and those who take part in agreements or cooperation (Essper, LUB, CIC) are considered internal users, as far as borrowing is concerned.
Library cards are issued to external users upon payment of €26.
Off-campus access to online resources, reference, and interlibrary services are provided to internal users only.

Is it possible to photocopy documents?

Self-service photocopiers, used with prepaid copy cards, are at your disposal in the libraries.
If you are a student your Us card or Enjoy Unibg card acts also as a prepaid copy card; all the other users may buy prepaid cards.
It’s allowed only to copy library material. Up to a maximum of 15% of a published work (books or magazines) can be photocopied , provided it is for personal use.

Which kind of material is for consultation only on site?
  • Periodicals
  • Reference books
  • The most recent copy of all course reading texts
  • Dissertations
  • Working papers
  • Loose-leafed print volumes
  • Rare books
How can I borrow a book?

You can borrow books by using your Library card.

Go to Borrowing a book for all information.

How can I find my Reading lists?

Search your books using BiGsearch.

You can also find your reading lists using Leganto.

What are Interlibrary Services?

They are services provided by the University of Bergamo’s libraries for:

  • obtaining books, which are not available in our system, from other Italian or foreign libraries and documentation centers (ILL: Inter Library Loan)
  • Receiving copies of documents, which are not available in our system, from other Italian or foreign libraries and documentation centers (DD: Document Delivery)

Go to Interlibrary Loan for all informations.

How can I get assistance with bibliographic research?

If you are having trouble in searching either in the OPAC or locating items, ask at the desk.
When research and bibliographic retrieval needs become more complex, ask the library staff in the Reference service office (consulenza bibliografica).

Can I access electronic resources off-campus?

Remote access to electronic resources is restricted to internal users.

Go to Accessing e-resources